Developed to provide the nutrients, surfactants and moisture needed to stimulate bioremediation on landfarming projects.
BioSolve® Hydrovent is a new product developed for accelerating aerobic bioremediation. Hydrovent is formulated to provide the nutrients, surfactants and moisture needed to stimulate bioremediation on landfarming projects.
- The surfactants in Hydrovent are themselves “readily biodegradable.” They act to solubilize and emulsify petroleum products, making them more readily available (“improved bioavailability”) to hydrocarbon degrader bacteria that reside in the aqueous phase.
- The balanced nutrient package in Hydrovent is essential to stimulate and maintain a high level of microbiological activity.
Hydrovent has been proven effective in laboratory testing and field applications. In laboratory testing, the concept of using an integrated formula with BioSolve® Activator surfactants, nutrients and moisture was demonstrated on actual drilling mud contaminated with diesel fuel. Test results showed that bioremediation activity was five times more effective at reducing petroleum hydrocarbons than aeration alone and about 40% more effective than aeration with nutrients.
These results led to the final formulation of Hydrovent and subsequent field at a drilling site in West Texas. The application of Hydrovent achieved an 87% reduction in total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH) in only 21 days.
The Hydrovent Advantage
- Improved bioavailability of petroleum hydrocarbons.
- Stimulates microbiological activity.
- Accelerates bioremediation.
- Easy to use; just add water, apply and mix.
When To Use
- For use on landfarming projects to stimulate aerobic bioremediation of petroleum hydrocarbons produced during oil drilling or excavated from remediation sites.
- May also be used for treating small surface spills consistent with local, state and federal regulations
- For additional information on aerobic bioremediation using BioSolve® products please see Landfarming (add hyperlink) under Applications.
BioSolve® Hydrovent is formulated and sold as a concentrate and is typically applied as an 8% solution.
"BioSolve® Pinkwater clearly outperformed everything else we have tried. I’m a real believer in the product."
Specialized Maintenance Services, Carylon Corporation
"We, and the customer were extremely pleased with BioSolve’s performance in quickly and permanently removing the oil and odor. We have found an excellent product in BioSolve® and intend to continue stocking and using it."
Poughkeepsie, New York
"After application [of BioSolve] odors were reduced to non-existent and no further complaints were made. Re-application of BioSolve® was also used when soil was moved or turned."
Rainbow Environmental Services Pty. Ltd.
New South Wales, Australia
"[Using BioSolve] allowed us to perform a job [tank cleaning] in a way that was environmentally safe as well as ensuring the safety of our workers. We were also able to take credit for waste minimization efforts as the job created no waste."
Bechtel Savannah River, Inc.
Aiken, South Carolina
"You guys have a unique product. Every MGP job has odor issues. It would be foolish not to
include BioSolve when submitting a bid for that work."
"I used it and the results were miraculous. The readings in ambient air went from 150 PPM to 5
PPM in less than five minutes. I was astounded."
John A. Witoshynsky, Inc
"We will use Pinkwater to clean equipment contaminated with creosote and NAPL. Simple Green is not doing the job, so we will switch to Pinkwater."
"When I heard about BioSolve I was really skeptical, but I tried it. And it worked better than they said it would. I now use BioSolve Pinkwater for small tank cleaning, spill clean-up and vapor suppression. Great product."
Los Angeles CA
|Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation|
|Aerobic Biodegradation of Impacted Soil|
Insitu Spill Remediation
Land Farming & Biopiles
UST & AST Cleaning/Degassing
MGP Site & Brownfield Remediation
Excavation in Impacted Soil
|Hydrocarbon Spill Response|