How Biosolve Works
BioSolve® Pinkwater is a proprietary blend of mostly non-ionic surfactants and performance additives.
Pinkwater is only sold as a concentrate.
Pinkwater solution emulsifies hydrocarbons
Diesel & Water
Hydrocarbon are immiscible (won’t mix) in water. When combined, they quickly separate.
Pinkwater Solution & Diesel Before Agitation
Before agitation, Pinkwater solution and diesel will remain in separate phases.
Oil in Water Emulsion
After agitation, a stable “oil in water emulsion” is formed. In this form, the diesel will flow like water and can be easily removed from hard surfaces and extracted from the subsurface.
Pinkwater’s surfactant molecules are strongly attracted to both water and oil.
The molecule head seeks full contact with water; the tail seeks full contact with the hydrocarbon.
In the presence of agitation, these opposing attractions disaggregate massive hydrocarbon globules into microscopic droplets and cover them in a thin layer of surfactant and water.
These water/surfactant encapsulated hydrocarbon droplets are called MICELLES.
Surfactant micelles form a stable “macro-emulsion”
Aqueous encapsulation of hydrocarbons provides three key benefits for remediation
- Makes fuel spills non-flammable
- Suppresses VOC emissions at remediation sites
- Reduces LELs during tank cleaning
- Controls organic odors at excavation sites, water treatment plants and more
- Enables extraction of hydrocarbons from the soil
- Removes spills from roadways with no slick spots
- Efficiently removes oil and grease from hard surfaces
- Controls paraffin build-up in oil wells
- Accelerates natural biodegradation process
Pinkwater will emulsify a wide range of hydrocarbons
Pinkwater is Very Effective
- Diesel Fuel
- Heating Oil
- Jet Fuel/Kerosene
- Light crude oil
- Natural Gas Condensate
- Light oils
- Mineral Spirits
- Hydraulic Fluid
- and others…
Pinkwater Works with Extra Effort*
- Motor oils
- #4 - #6 Heating Oil
- Medium to Heavy Crude Oil
- Palm Oil, Corn Oil
- Linseed Oil
- Bitumen (tar)
- Other heavy, viscous or weathered products
*Extra Effort may include, for example, additional agitation, pressure or mixing; circulation system to allow extended contact; the use of a cosolvent of hot water to reduce viscosity
Pinkwater Will NOT Work
- Lower alcohols (Methanol, ethanol, isopropyl alcohol)
- Most acids and alkalis
- Ammonia and ammonia compounds
- Nitrates, sulfates
- Ethylene glycol
- Other water soluble products
|Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation|
|Aerobic Biodegradation of Impacted Soil|
Insitu Spill Remediation
Land Farming & Biopiles
UST & AST Cleaning/Degassing
MGP Site & Brownfield Remediation
Excavation in Impacted Soil
|Hydrocarbon Spill Response|