Developed for use in surfactant enhanced soil remediation.
BioSolve® Activator was introduced to the market in the fall of 2015 following 4 years of development and testing. Working with the chemist who initially developed BioSolve® Pinkwater, The BioSolve® Company initiated product development and testing in 2011 in cooperation with the Integrated Multiphase Environmental Systems Laboratory at Tufts University (Medford, MA).
Activator was developed for use in surfactant enhanced soil remediation projects with three objectives:
- Meet or exceed the performance of BioSolve® Pinkwater in soil remediation;
- Meet or exceed European REACH and US EPA standards for ready biodegradability; and,
- Maintain end-user economics similar to other BioSolve® hydrocarbon mitigation products.
We are pleased to say that Activator meets these ambitious objectives. Activator is currently being used in three remediation markets: in-situ soil remediation, vapor suppression and odor control, and ex-situ aerobic bioremediation.
Activator is formulated with ingredients from EPA’s Safer Chemical Inventory List, which was developed to encourage formulators to use ingredients with an improved profile for health and the environment.
Activator is water-based and contains no caustic, solvents or any hazardous or restricted ingredients.
The Activator Advantage
- Improved wettability for more efficient mobilization of hydrocarbons during in-situ soil remediation.
- Effectively emulsifies hydrocarbons in-situ to support aqueous recovery of hydrocarbons from the subsurface.
- Compatible with many tertiary treatment technologies.
- Excellent vapor suppression agent for odor control.
- Accelerates aerobic bioremediation by making hydrocarbons more easily available to hydrocarbon degrader bacteria.
- Formulated to be used in the same way and in the same proportions as Pinkwater.
When To Use
- For in-situ remediation in sensitive environmental areas, such as near shorelines and waterways, where ready biodegradability may be important.
- For in-situ remediation at sites where a strong wetting agent may be required to mobilize hydrocarbons for recovery.
- For vapor suppression and odor control in sensitive environmental areas where runoff may impact waterways.
- For ex-situ aerobic bioremediation to improve the bioavailability of hydrocarbons and accelerate microbial activity.
BioSolve® Activator is formulated and sold as a concentrate and is typically applied as a 2% – 6% solution.
"BioSolve® Pinkwater clearly outperformed everything else we have tried. I’m a real believer in the product."
Specialized Maintenance Services, Carylon Corporation
"We, and the customer were extremely pleased with BioSolve’s performance in quickly and permanently removing the oil and odor. We have found an excellent product in BioSolve® and intend to continue stocking and using it."
Poughkeepsie, New York
"After application [of BioSolve] odors were reduced to non-existent and no further complaints were made. Re-application of BioSolve® was also used when soil was moved or turned."
Rainbow Environmental Services Pty. Ltd.
New South Wales, Australia
"[Using BioSolve] allowed us to perform a job [tank cleaning] in a way that was environmentally safe as well as ensuring the safety of our workers. We were also able to take credit for waste minimization efforts as the job created no waste."
Bechtel Savannah River, Inc.
Aiken, South Carolina
"You guys have a unique product. Every MGP job has odor issues. It would be foolish not to
include BioSolve when submitting a bid for that work."
"I used it and the results were miraculous. The readings in ambient air went from 150 PPM to 5
PPM in less than five minutes. I was astounded."
John A. Witoshynsky, Inc
"We will use Pinkwater to clean equipment contaminated with creosote and NAPL. Simple Green is not doing the job, so we will switch to Pinkwater."
"When I heard about BioSolve I was really skeptical, but I tried it. And it worked better than they said it would. I now use BioSolve Pinkwater for small tank cleaning, spill clean-up and vapor suppression. Great product."
Los Angeles CA
|Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation|
|Aerobic Biodegradation of Impacted Soil|
Insitu Spill Remediation
Land Farming & Biopiles
UST & AST Cleaning/Degassing
MGP Site & Brownfield Remediation
Excavation in Impacted Soil
|Hydrocarbon Spill Response|