Vapor Suppression & Odor Control
BioSolve® Pinkwater or BioSolve® Activator offer a safe, simple, cost-effective method vapor suppression and odor control.
Volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions inevitably result when excavation takes place in hydrocarbon impacted soils. The odors resulting from these emissions my simply be a public nuisance or could pose a health hazard to workers and the general public. BioSolve® Pinkwater or BioSolve® Activator offer a safe, simple, cost-effective method vapor suppression and odor control at remediation and brownfield excavation sites by suppressing VOCs at the source – on the soil surface.
Pinkwater and Activator work by encapsulating hydrocarbons and “locking” VOCs in the soil, allowing work to continue unabated. In tests conducted at Tufts University (Medford, MA) hydrocarbon VOCs were reduced by 99+% compared to treatment with water or no treatment at all. Odor suppression remained effective for almost 60 minutes before gradually returning. Pinkwater is an excellent product for most sites. For environmentally sensitive areas, Activator may be preferred as it is readily biodegradable and is formulated from ingredients on EPA’s Safer Chemical Inventory List.
"BioSolve® Pinkwater clearly outperformed everything else we have tried. I’m a real believer in the product."
Specialized Maintenance Services, Carylon Corporation
"We, and the customer were extremely pleased with BioSolve’s performance in quickly and permanently removing the oil and odor. We have found an excellent product in BioSolve® and intend to continue stocking and using it."
Poughkeepsie, New York
"After application [of BioSolve] odors were reduced to non-existent and no further complaints were made. Re-application of BioSolve® was also used when soil was moved or turned."
Rainbow Environmental Services Pty. Ltd.
New South Wales, Australia
"[Using BioSolve] allowed us to perform a job [tank cleaning] in a way that was environmentally safe as well as ensuring the safety of our workers. We were also able to take credit for waste minimization efforts as the job created no waste."
Bechtel Savannah River, Inc.
Aiken, South Carolina
"You guys have a unique product. Every MGP job has odor issues. It would be foolish not to
include BioSolve when submitting a bid for that work."
"I used it and the results were miraculous. The readings in ambient air went from 150 PPM to 5
PPM in less than five minutes. I was astounded."
John A. Witoshynsky, Inc
"We will use Pinkwater to clean equipment contaminated with creosote and NAPL. Simple Green is not doing the job, so we will switch to Pinkwater."
"When I heard about BioSolve I was really skeptical, but I tried it. And it worked better than they said it would. I now use BioSolve Pinkwater for small tank cleaning, spill clean-up and vapor suppression. Great product."
Los Angeles CA
- Reduce nuisance odors and harmful VOCs to protect works and neighbors
- Minimize or eliminate odor complaints, especially at urban sites
- Keep project on schedule by avoiding shutdowns
The BioSolve® Advantage
- Ideal for odor control during active excavation
- Works by “locking” VOCs in the soil; no need to use odor suppression foam to maintain a “blanket” for control
- Can be applied in wet or windy conditions and on vertical surfaces
- Requires only standard equipment: mixing tank, hoses, pressure washer
- Prepare a 4% solution of Pinkwater or Activator in a suitable mixing tank
- Apply with a pressure washing system using a coarse spray and moderate pressure at a flow rate of about 2 gpm (7.5 liters/min) or higher.
- Apply to newly exposed contaminated soil in the active work area until surface is wet but not “runny.” If possible apply to soil in bucket as well as newly exposed soil.
- Apply continuously or intermittently as dictated by the level of odor.
- For large sites with multiple excavators, budget one sprayer and operator for each excavator. Depending on site conditions, some sites may also require stationary misters.
For small areas and stationary piles:
- Apply at the rate of about 1-gallon dilute solution per 30 square feet (10 liters per 7.5 square meters)
- Reapply when soil surface becomes dry or odor is again detected
- For active excavations and large work areas, apply continuously using multiple pressure washer systems. Some sites may require stationary misters.
|Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation
|Aerobic Biodegradation of Impacted Soil
Insitu Spill Remediation
Land Farming & Biopiles
UST & AST Cleaning/Degassing
MGP Site & Brownfield Remediation
Excavation in Impacted Soil
|Hydrocarbon Spill Response