Vapor Suppression & Odor Control
BioSolve® offers a safe, simple and cost effective method of suppressing fugitive VOC emissions from hydrocarbon contaminated soils. BioSolve® works by encapsulating hydrocarbons and reducing their vapor pressure, thus allowing work to continue unabated.
Contractors have been using BioSolve® for vapor suppression on worksites for over twenty years.
- On excavation piles or other soil (e.g., sidewalls) that will remain undisturbed, a single application of BioSolve® to the exposed surfaces may last 10 – 14 days.
- In most cases a 3% solution of BioSolve® will be adequate to keep vapor emissions within acceptable limits and control odor problems on contact.
- Experience has shown that BioSolve is easy to use, economical and effective
BioSolve® has numerous advantages over alternative approaches such as sprayed foam:
- can be applied in wet or windy conditions,
- can be applied on vertical surfaces,
- can be applied during active excavation operations, and
- requires no special equipment beyond standard tanks and spray equipment.
The use of plastic covers for vapor suppression can be effective for stockpiles, but must be removed for access, exposing workers to VOCs.
Contact The BioSolve® Company to receive a more detailed InfoSheet on this application.