Tank Cleaning & Degassing
BioSolve® may be used in several stages of the tank cleaning process:
- for conversion of hydrocarbon sludge to a “pumpable” aqueous phase through use of high power spray and agitation;
- to reduce harmful VOCs and hydrogen sulfide vapor, quickly producing LEL readings near zero to enable manned entry; and,
- to strip hydrocarbons from solids recovered during tank cleaning by sending effluent through a frac tank.
Once personnel can be deployed within the tank, BioSolve® can be applied with a power washer to remove contaminants from the tank walls. A hot BioSolve® solution can be used to strip paraffins from interior structures.
BioSolve® is the water-based alternative to less worker and environmentally friendly “cutter stocks” (solvents), accelerating cleaning the vessel interior and related equipment in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
In tanks of less than 50,000 gallons, the contractor’s objective is to:
1) render residual sludge “pumpable” for removal and disposal, and
2) degas the tank to make it safe for required maintenance/demolition/removal.
This process involves the use of BioSolve solution to degas (encapsulate hydrocarbons) and clean (emulsify hydrocarbons) in the tank in a single application, typically undertaken using standard pressure washing equipment.
BioSolve offers three main advantages in small tank cleaning: quicker turnaround times, lower environmental impact, and safer and more efficient working conditions.
If the tank contents have leaked into surrounding soil, BioSolve solution can be sprayed over the contaminated soil to surpress volatile vapors. This will greatly reduce both flammability and exposure to workers. In addition, BioSolve solution can be used to support soil remediation programs where necessary(see soil remediation)
Contact The BioSolve® Company to receive a more detailed InfoSheet on this application.