Emergency Spill Response
BioSolve has long been a standard component of emergency response procedures at fire departments and hazmat operations throughout the North America.. Hundreds of fire departments and municipalities purchase BioSolve on a regular basis for use on their fleet vehicles (see illustrative customer list).
Pre-ignition BioSolve reduces ignition risk by addressing the source – encapsulating hydrocarbon molecules to reduce or even eliminate flammable vapors.
Post-ignition BioSolve works in two ways: efficiently knocking down the flame and neutralizing the fuel source.
Note: The alternative technology for spill response is sprayed foam which cuts off the supply of oxygen, but does not render spilled fuel non-flammable. Additionally, responders must be diligent in maintaining the integrity of the foam blanket to prevent the fuel from reigniting.
Additional benefits of BioSolve used in emergency spill response:
- Solubilizes hydrocarbons into an aqueous solution that can be readily vacuumed up or absorbed, leaving minimal or no residual in the spill area
- Eliminates hazardous oil sheen on the roadway
- Will arrest asphalt deterioration from fuel spills.
- Promotes accelerated biodegradation of any unrecovered emulsion that may be washed into drainage areas
- Should effluent enter drain system, no adverse impact on downstream wastewater treatment operations
Contact The BioSolve® Company to receive a more detailed InfoSheet on this application.